CAREERS Front End Developer
What we're looking for
We're looking for a Front End Developer with at least 3 years of experience to join our talented and experienced technology team.
You’ll be working closely and collaboratively with our existing creative, UI, UX and development teams and will be responsible for building and maintaining innovative and responsive interfaces that deliver beyond the brief.
We are looking for smart, skilled developers who will relish the challenge of helping us deliver sector-leading innovation and genuine value to our clients, and the agency, through our digital offering.
The skills to pay the bills
- Ability to accurately convert designs into semantic front-end HTML and CSS
- Familiarity with Sketch/Adobe XD
- Knowledge and experience building accessible websites based on WCAG 2.0 Level AA
- Integrating built mark-up into template systems
- Responsive design for modern browsers, including cross-browser compatibility issues and how to resolve them
- Source code management with version control, especially Git
- Ability to partner with back-end developers to architect and build sites
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- The ability to handle multiple critical tasks and self-manage
And a few 'nice-to-haves'
- Experience with CSS Preprocessors (SASS/Less etc.)
- Experience utilising build tools like Gulp or Grunt
- Measuring and optimising front-end performance
- Managing projects with a ticketing system, e.g. Trello
- Experience with PHP
We'll need you to...
- Work passionately and collaboratively with the agency teams to ensure the delivery of digital projects
- Take pride in the scoping and planning of work, from large projects to smaller fixes and improvements
- Be committed to creativity and innovation – always willing to challenge and inspire your team mates, have a creative mindset, improve your skills and develop the agency offering
- Ensure that the work you produce meets project requirements and standards, and wherever possible, blows them away
- Be positive and enthusiastic – see every project as a new challenge
- Be willing to go the extra mile, support a team mate, create things that ‘wow’, be better tomorrow than you are today
Some of the clients we call friends
Here are just some of the household names you can expect to be producing exciting work for:
- Harbour Hotels Group
- Infinity Motorcycles
- Warner Bros.
- Serco Plc
- Bombay Sapphire Distillery
A few small perks to brighten your day
- 25 days holiday per year + bank holidays
- An extra day off for your birthday
- An extra day off for every 5 years of employment
- Hybrid working
- Pension scheme
- Training and professional development relevant to your role
- Procurement of any equipment that we agree will enable you to develop within your role
- 2 paid volunteering days a year for a charity of your choice
- Culture and wellbeing activities
- Bring your dog to work
- An ‘always-open’ drinks fridge
- No diets here - regular cakes and goodies in the kitchen
- Monthly lunches and end of quarter celebrations
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to Perkbox rewards scheme
- Thursday afternoon is the new Friday with ‘beer-o-clock’
Competitive based on experience.
We appreciate the value of talent, so we’re not afraid to provide the right financial package for the right person.
Our people are our priority, regardless of their sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, physical ability, social identity, age, or beliefs. This naturally includes when we're recruiting. We believe diversity plays an integral part in allowing us to be better at what we do and we aim to empower everyone to feel their best selves, both professionally and personally.
If you believe you have what it takes to join our team, then email your CV and examples of your work to [email protected] to get the ball rolling.
If you're a recruitment agency, hello, we hope you’re well, but we’re going to fill this position ourselves. Thanks.