We are looking for a PHP Developer who is comfortable working across an entire stack
They will be responsible for developing, maintaining and updating new and existing applications. They will need to be pro-active, a quick learner and able to hit the ground running. Comfortable working as part of a team, they will be able to communicate effectively with everyone from the office junior to the Managing Director. They will need to feel comfortable and confident in client facing situations and be happy to translate technical terminology (and the odd piece of jargon) into language that non-technical people will understand.
- Experience using PHP 5.5+
- Experience using PHPs Framework (ideally Laravel 4+)
- Experience using Relational databases (MySQL preferred)
- Experience using Code versioning (GIT preferred)
- Experience using jQuery / AJAX
- Experience using API consumption and provision (RESTful & SOAP)
- Experience using Hosting platforms and facilities (e.g. DigitalOcean, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Comfortable using the command line for management and access
- Comfortable with the ideas of Continuous Deployment / Continuous Integration
- Working with the account team and other members of the development team to ensure the timely and effective delivery of all projects within the agency.
- Effective scoping and planning of new work from large projects to smaller fixes and improvements.
- Assisting and advising members of the development team in their own day to day duties.
- Ensuring that work produced by the development team meets project requirements and standards.
Here’s a few of the fantastic clients we are lucky enough to work with…
- Bombay Sapphire
- Warner Bros.
- Aster Group
- Serco Plc
A few small perks
The right candidate will get to work in a very attractive 'Old Farmhouse’ (by name and nature) with a great team of delightful, like minded people (honest). Here’s what else you can expect:
- You'll get your birthday off as an extra days holiday (or next working day if it falls on a weekend)
- If you don’t take a sick day throughout the year you’ll receive a £500 bonus at the end of the calendar year
- If you have qualifying children in childcare, you can use our tax-efficient childcare voucher scheme to help pay for it.
- We have a cycle-scheme, a government-backed system enabling you to get a discounted bike from a local bike shop and pay for it with monthly contributions from your salary, reducing your tax bill and getting a bike at a much-reduced cost.
- We have a gadget-scheme, a government-backed system enabling you to get discounted computers, tablets, iPhones etc. and pay for it with monthly contributions from your salary, reducing your tax bill and getting new kit at a much-reduced cost.
- We'll fund training which is relevant to your role here at the Escape.
- We'll purchase any equipment that we agree will enable you to develop within your role
- Lunch will be provided once a month (at least) at our company update meeting
- BBQ’s happen every other Friday throughout the summer (even if under a brolly)
- Friday afternoon at 4pm is always 'beer-o-clock' (don't worry, other beverages are available if beer's not your thing!)
- Our back garden backs onto a very quaint thatched pub called The Portsmouth Arms
We appreciate the value of talent, so in line with the skill-set we require, we’re not afraid to provide the right package to the right candidate. We will both know what that looks like, so if this sounds like it could be you, then we’d love to hear from you.
Unfortunately, if you're a recruitment agency, however super-duper 'different' you are, if you've got this far... we're NOT dying to hear from you... so probably best to not even try. Cheers anyway.